I have been spending a lot of time babysitting and reading.
But I have managed to do a little weaving, too.
This is my son Hugh in a passport picture, when he was 8. He had very wild hair in those days. I am experimenting further with the pixilated effect. Trying to push it to see how large I can make the squares and still not loose the image. The technique is again double weave, but this time it is 5 shaft satin. It gives more color choices, but I am not sure it is worth the extra at this point. So many of the colors tend to be very similar.
The other piece I finished this winter/spring (we didn't actually get a winter this year in Washington) was derived from images I took on my trip to Japan in November.
For the structure of this one I went back to the double weave twills based on 4 shafts. I especially like the rather random colors and structures in the water.
The red in the wave pattern is to make those sections look more like the classic Japanese lacquer on bento and other wooden boxes.